10/27/2007

I read books!

Just because there aren't many books in my office doesn't mean I don't read books. I borrow books from libraries. I don't have money to buy books or space to keep them. Most of the books are not read again and I don't find it necessary to keep such things in my office.

I read "Chichi no bunsho kyoshitsu" by Manetsu Hanamura yesterday and finished "Bunmei no yuutsu" by Keiichiro Hirano a few days ago.

Hanamura is very unique in his academic background and school life. The book gave me a glimpse of his youth. Intricate emotion and relationship between the father and the child are well depicted.

Hirano's book demonstrates his deep knowledge in European culture and history. However, I was not very much impressed by or interested in the essays in this book.

I will keep a record of my readings for the time being in this blog.

2 comments:

skyline said...

I like reading books too. Now I read "Americayo, utsukushiku toshiwotore" by Kaname Saruya. This book gives me a lot of information of American society and culture. I'd like to read books about America:)

earlgrey100 said...

To Skyline,

Thanks a lot for your comment. I read some books by Kaname Saruya and I think I once heard a lecture by him many years ago. He's one of the leading experts on American studies and his books are easy to read. I'm sure you enjoyed it.